Public speaking is a form of art. Much goes into the efforts of a speech before you even hit the stage. For some, you may have pondered the following when thinking about public speaking:
- “What if I fail?”
- “It takes too much effort, I just don’t have that kind of time right now”
- “My story isn’t captivating”
- “Will I be interesting to my audience?”
- “What if people don’t accept my message?”
All doubts aside, the biggest question you need to ask yourself is, “Am I passionate about what I have to say?” If the answer is yes, then all the other ‘what if’s’ are unimportant.
Look for the Signs
Here are some signs that public speaking if your next calling:
- You want to help others and you love sharing your wisdom to encourage and inspire people.
- You get a lot of positive feedback when you do speak. Its good sign you have a knack for speaking when random strangers give you praise!
- You enjoy writing. Speaking is simply audible writing, so if you have a passion for writing chances are you have a strong voice. This is great for public speaking because it allows your true personality to shine through.
- You are empathetic. The best speakers know and understand their audience; this allows for them to deliver words that connect and resonate with their audience.
You’ll never know what the possibilities are for you if you chose to ignore the signs. While speaking takes work and dedication, the reward is great if you know you’ve had the opportunity to give others knowledge and insight from your message.